Tuesday, April 26, 2005

A Bleak Day

It's gray and dreary and raining and cold. Befitting my somber mood. I finally had to admit my old Hoover bit the dust. It will go out with the trash tonight.

I went out and bought a Dyson. Supposedly the top of the line, best at everything. Now, my being a fine connoisseur of vacuum cleaners, I figured I'd fall in love with it. Not so. I just tried it out. First off, the attachments fell off. I knew that would happen. They didn't exactly snap in place. Second, it's supposed to adjust for carpet height. Well, it does not like my area rugs and the brush makes a horrible noise when hitting it. Also, the suction is okay, but doesn't blow my Dirt Devil away, which I expected. Lastly, I had to stick a tube down the hose, which was pretty difficult. I can only imagine it will be equally difficult removing it in order to use the hose to reach corners, do stairs, furniture, etc. I'd love to meet the individuals (men, I'm sure) that test-marketed this thing. In Dyson's defense, it's light ... but that's not enough to save it.

Contrary to belief, I do not enjoy vacuuming. So, I want to make my life as easy as possible when it comes to this --- and other chores. Fighting with a hose, picking up attachments as I go, listening to a horrible racket when I hit a different pile rug, all don't add up to fun. Guess the Dyson is going back and I'm getting that Dirt Devil I had my eye on all along. What was I thinking? Betraying Dirt Devil like that? I promise I'll never do it again.

2 Comments:

At April 27, 2005 8:43 AM, Blogger BikeMom said...

You bad!

 
At April 27, 2005 4:43 PM, Blogger Bobbi said...

Every once in a while I have to be reminded the hard way that high price doesn't mean high quality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home