Thursday, April 14, 2005

Can you say "the munchies" ???

Never, ever -- I repeat -- EVER, go to the grocery store after drinking some wine. Hubby called to tell me he's on a 6:30am flight home, which means he'll be home EARLY tomorrow morning. That meant I better get to the store quick (no, S, I still don't have great eating habits... I didn't eat anything all day yesterday until I had a waffle at 11:00 last night!). Anyway, my main concern was getting there before the deli shut down. HEAVENS if we don't have cold cuts in the fridge!!

Made it to the deli, stopped in the produce department for salad stuff - literally picked up and inspected every green pepper in the bin, or almost every one -- bought two loaves of bread (two-fer sale) only to discover I have half a loaf in the fridge and a whole one in the freezer (I best get a bread box, too). But the worst part... instead of one of those rotisserie chickens, I got the bad, bad, BAD fried chicken; and, there is now a box of Little Debbies snack cakes (Devil Squares, I think??) sitting on the counter downstairs. How do I explain that??????? I've never bought Little Debbies ANYthing ever!

So much for the six pounds I recently discovered I lost......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home