Thursday, April 14, 2005

Goodbye Raymond

I am currently watching Oprah with the Everybody Loves Raymond cast on.

Having moved away from New York, I realize I have come to rely on shows such as this to get my fix of "New York humor" and attitude. And, can't forget, THE ACCENT :o) Although I never made a point of sitting down to watch this show, hubby and I do catch it in syndication. (I also enjoy "Friends" in syndication - but those Californians never did, to me, cut it as real New Yorkers!)

I have to say, though, I never fully understood there was anything different about "us" UNTIL I lived in Indiana and saw "My Cousin Vinny" one day. Okay, I may not talk like Marisa Tomei's character, but seriously, it hit me square in the eyes: some of the sayings and actions are dead on - and you don't see/hear them in the midwest! ("Yeah, you blend." "Cuz he's DEAD." "Now I ax ya, would you give a f*ck what pants the son of a b*tch who just shot you is wearing?" --- get the picture?! --- the inflections of tone are key, also.) . Okay, I digress....

Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is "Thank you, Ray Romano, for taking me home for half an hour during your shows."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home