Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Ahh... the memories...

I don't often think about how much or how often I traveled for business. I did, however, travel to some pretty interesting, and sometimes exotic, places.... and, uh, some not so interesting, exotic places. LOL (I'll admit it was mostly the latter!) But, when I think back on all the traveling, it's easy to remember the fun I managed to have..... That is, until I get messages from hubby like the one I got today....

He was in a rental car, somewhere in Texas on his way to New Mexico. I had to chuckle as he talked about having no idea what time it was. He knew he was entering another state with a different time zone, so that just confused the issue even more. Then there was the delightful descriptives of his day and current drive. I won't repeat it - but it involved a big windstorm causing dirt in the ears and mouth, up the nose, in the eyes - and roads seemingly leading to nowhere. LOL

Yes, his message brought back the memories of the long hours of traveling to get to your destination, all the little problems along the way (delays, cancellations, sometimes no reservation at all), the hard work once you arrive, and the long trek back home. And, in his case, sometimes one or two days at home before it starts all over again...

I won't rub it in, but he does go to a lot stinkier places than I ever did -- and, I don't mean Texas :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home