Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Out of Sight, Out of Mind

We received a letter from hubby's aunt the other day. She's almost 80 and has been widowed for some 30 years. She informed us that her daughter, who had colon cancer, went through treatment and was in remission for a year, is now battling lung cancer. She also wrote that she (the aunt) underwent cataract surgery for one eye and will have surgery on the other at the end of this month. I was happy to hear from her, but so saddened to hear of the latest news.

I sent a letter to her today. I feel bad that she had to tell me about the setbacks herself, though. Why didn't someone else in the family tell us what was going on? I know everyone is busy with their own lives, but still! I would have sent a card sooner letting her know she and her daughter are in our thoughts, but I didn't know.


I hope she understands.

1 Comments:

At March 24, 2005 10:29 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

I am not the best praying man (confession of a former seminary student) but your aunt and her daughter are in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home