Monday, March 21, 2005

Well, for very little preparation -- with the exception of cleaning the house -- this weekend went well. It's fun to have company and entertain, but the house is terribly quiet and somewhat depressing after everyone leaves. Hubby just left for the airport for another week away from home. I have tons of projects I'd like to get done around here, but most require a little more elbow grease (like digging up the red clay for planting) or another pair of hands (like, for hanging pictures). Hopefully we'll get to it this weekend ... unless he springs another "guess who's coming to dinner" on me. LOL

Getting a little frustrated that I'm not working. Problem in finding a job is a combination of things, I'm sure. Maybe I'm being too selective, and there is also a good number of people out there looking. Employers have the definite advantage to be able to pick and choose. I don't want to doubt myself, but maybe I shouldn't have turned down one offer in particular I received(?) No, stop it, can't go down that road. It was the right decision. The money was excellent, but that's no reason to take a job ... especially when I felt that twinge. Something about the job was bothering me, and I had to go with my instincts. My instincts have not failed me yet.

Still a million things (ok, maybe not a million -- but at least a thousand things...) to get done around here, and I should be taking full advantage of my time off. Some days it's hard to get motivated, though, and that bothers me. Am I becoming complacent? I BETTER NOT BE!

Well, time to tackle that long list of things to do (that I can do myself, anyway). Somebody give me a push, please. :o)

4 Comments:

At March 22, 2005 8:15 AM, Blogger BikeMom said...

Don't feel bad about the job offer something better will come along. Maybe you are meant to stay home a little longer because you are not ready to go back yet. PUUUSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

 
At March 23, 2005 11:48 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

Never feel bad about trusting your insticts (inner voice). Have you ever chose to not listen and regretted it?

 
At March 23, 2005 1:05 PM, Blogger Bobbi said...

Oh, yes, and did I ever regret it!!!

 
At March 24, 2005 10:18 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

Me too, every single time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home