Monday, March 28, 2005

ding dong... UPS...

UPS delivered a package today. No great shakes, hubby receives shipments an average of twice a week for business. This package was different, however. It was large, rectangular and somewhat flat. And it was lighter than usual, too. As I'm carrying it into the house, I glance at the label. Wait a minute. It's addressed to Mr. and Mrs. So then I look at the return address. It's from my friend in Florida!

I rip open the box and fight with the styrofoam "peanuts" (they stuck all over me and the furniture.... grumble grumble). Okay, the item is out of the box, free from peanuts, and it's meticulously wrapped in bubble wrap. By now I'm realizing she sent me a painting!!

OMG, can I just say the talent this woman has is amazing. Absolutely amazing. I've seen her paintings in her home and have always admired them. Now I have one of my own. In her card, she included a picture of the scene she painted (a marsh). It's a perfect rendition.

I called immediately to thank her, but got her answering machine. Actually, it's better that she get a message. That way, she'll be able to hear the pure joy in my voice. The joy of receiving a gift from the heart that I will cherish.

Now ... to find the perfect spot to hang it ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home