Sunday, November 13, 2005

GARRS

The GA Reading Radio Service audience base are the blind and visually impaired residents throughout the state of Georgia. GARRS broadcasts reading 24 hours a day (no music), and residents either have a special radio to pick up the transmission or they can now pick it up over the internet.

I am a volunteer reader. I generally read articles from magazines. Some volunteers record a book that gets aired the same time each week so listeners can follow it from start to finish. We go into the recording booths, tape our segment, and it gets scheduled into GARRS programming. Then there are the brave souls who read the newspapers live!

Anyway, most of the time I do not know when my segment is going to air. But, I happen to know when my most recent recording will air... if you want to try to catch it over the internet, e-mail me directly and I will give you the time and link in a return e-mail ...

Let me end this by saying, recording this stuff is not as simple as it sounds. If you happen to hear me, don't laugh too hard.

UPDATE: Oh well, you missed it :o) But, if you are interested in hearing one of my broadcasts, still e-mail me directly (see my profile for link) and I will let you know when I know.

1 Comments:

At November 14, 2005 2:54 PM, Blogger BikeMom said...

Oh Cool - let me know! Do I have to ask????? You nut!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home