Wednesday, October 26, 2005

This isn't exactly what I had in mind ...

... when I thought to myself, "can't life just slow down a little?" ....

I left work at 3:20pm yesterday because I wasn't feeling well, or as I put it to the Human Resources person, "I'm fighting a cold and it is kicking my butt." (It wasn't so much a head cold; more of a severe sore throat which I feared was strep.)

I came home, hopped into bed, and that's where I stayed until 8:15 this morning. Yes, I slept from 4:00pm until 8:15am this morning --- with the exception of getting up at 2:00am to go to the bathroom.

I call work this morning to say I won't make it in unless I'm feeling better and the receptionist says to me, "You sound like you have what I had." I laugh and say, "Thanks for giving it to me." Nice of her, wasn't it?

After a cup of hot tea and some toast, I don't feel any better. I guess it's back to bed for me.

No, this isn't what I had in mind when I wanted things to slow down a bit....

Be sure to enjoy the day for me!!

2 Comments:

At October 26, 2005 2:35 PM, Blogger BikeMom said...

Get better soon! I just got over a sore throat too...phew - glad you can't blame it on me.

 
At October 26, 2005 3:23 PM, Blogger Bobbi said...

Hubby went out to the store, bought ingredients, and is now making me chicken soup! Let's hear it ... altogether now ...

"AAWWWW"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home