Saturday, July 02, 2005

Fireworks

Last night we went to an outdoor concert. I had given the tickets to my hubby for his birthday. There was a threat of rain as we drove, but it turned out to be a perfect night - clear and not terribly humid.

We knew there was going to be a fireworks display afterwards, but I had no idea it was going to be so good. I thought, "okay, a few rinky dinky fireworks and we'll be on our way." Nope. This was a fullfledged real 4th of July display. They were truly spectacular. Perfect way to end the evening and start the holiday weekend.

For years, until last night, we walked away from firework displays disappointed. You see, one year we were visiting my cousin and her husband in Colorado, and we got invited up to dinner at their good friend's house. His house is situated on a mountain overlooking the town of Nederland. That night, after a fabulous dinner, we sat out on his deck and watched the fireworks. My husband and I could not believe our eyes when they started going off. We were literally eye-level with them. It was truly amazing. One of the best nights, not only with the show, but spending it with good friends.

With all of that said, time for me to go put our flag up.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home