Saturday, June 18, 2005

A Day of Togetherness

My husband was away all week, getting home around 9:00 last night. This morning, he asked me where I was going today and I said, "Run a bunch of errands. Why? Do you want to go?" To my surprise, he said yes, so off we went. The moaning and groaning started soon after --- once he realized where all we were going. I had a long list. But, I later learned, he had motives of his own. You'll see....

First stop Kohls. I saw a short-sleeve lightweight sweater that went on clearance. I knew I should have picked it up when I saw it, but no, I had to wait a few days and then panic that they'd be all gone by the time I got there again. To my relief, some were still there. Um, not only the color I originally saw, but two other colors.... and I ended up with all three. I'm not usually that bad, but on clearance? Why not! In case you're wondering, the colors are (1) beige (2) coral and (3) periwinkle (special note to BabynTeens: that's blue).

As we left and I told him the next stop, the whining started. He wanted Dunkin Donuts coffee. *sigh* That's clear at the other end of the series of strip malls. I had my route mapped out and intended to go in order instead of wasting time criss-crossing back and forth. So, detour number one.

Okay, on to some other stores ... Petsmart, where we watched and laughed at a pair of kittens playing with each other's tail, then over to Walgreens where the girl at the cosmetic counter applied a whole bunch of store and manufacturer coupons that she had to the items we purchased. A savings of $18! (I'm definitely going back to that location. No other Walgreens has ever done that for me before!!)

Insert another detour here. We had to go to two truck accessory stores. He is looking for a soft cover for the bed of his truck. After that, we were back on track. I survived those stops, kept quiet and got payback because he then learned our next stop happened to be one of the stores he dislikes the most. LOL

Linens N Things. I don't know why he has such a hard time with this store. This one and Bed Bath and Beyond. On a good day, I torture him by taking him through both. LOL Actually, today was just as bad for him, because the first location didn't have what I was looking for --- and there was another Linens N Things in the next town over, where we happened to be going next :o) But, he really escaped the first LnT by leaving and going into Borders next door... so it wasn't so bad for him.

We get to the next town and stop for lunch. After that it was Linens N Things number two (*snicker*) and then Costco. Oh and we also stopped at some store that was giving a free men's watch with the purchase of a fragrance (he picked up after shave).

Despite his complaining (all in fun, mind you), it was a good day of togetherness. And, don't feel bad for him because he got something in every store, with the exception of Linens N Things :o)

It's funny ... I always end up a lot lighter in the wallet when he tags along. LOL

1 Comments:

At June 20, 2005 3:27 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

Ya-know, that really does sound like a very good day.

Take care

 

Post a Comment

<< Home