Saturday, May 14, 2005

Wow, that was easy...

Our neighborhood held a community yard sale (garage sale/tag sale/ whatever). It ran from 8am-2pm on both Friday and Saturday. Everyone sets up their stuff in their own driveways. We got rid of our junk before the move here, so we didn't participate. However, this morning we decided to put our old fridge out in the driveway with a sign on it stating the price and to ring the doorbell if interested. I didn't want to have to sit out there, like everyone else was doing, for one item.

I got a bucket of sudsy water and washed out the fridge. It was basically spotless because I cleaned it before the move, but I just wanted to "freshen" it up a bit. We put it out in the driveway and hubby rinsed it while I washed the removable trays, etc. We were towel-drying everything when a car slows up and the woman yells out the window, "Is that for sale?" We respond, "yup." She hops out of the car, checks it out, and buys it. The thing wasn't even plugged in, and she didn't ask if it runs. I do have to say it looks brand new, so I guess she didn't question if it is mechanically sound.

My neighbors couldn't believe it. All we did was wheel this thing out and it was sold within minutes.


If only everything could be so easy

4 Comments:

At May 15, 2005 9:52 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

I Believe it. That's how it works sometimes.

I am so blind! sorry.

 
At May 16, 2005 11:11 AM, Blogger BikeMom said...

Mmm- you better keep your eyes peeled on the local news channel - your fridge may show up on it holding a dead body.
That sold too fast to be true!!!!
She didn't care if it worked???
LOL

 
At May 16, 2005 12:29 PM, Blogger Bobbi said...

Apparently, we have very trustworthy faces.

...wouldn't you agree?! :o)

 
At May 17, 2005 8:36 AM, Blogger BikeMom said...

Of course - trustworthy - yup!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home