Tuesday, November 04, 2008

One down - it only took 4 years!

We were pretty psyched, when we purchased this house, that the interior was painted a color other than white. The three homes prior were all white interior. Every room. And we never got around to painting any of them, mostly because we weren't there past the 4-year mark. Apparently, it takes us 4 years to get around to it.

This first picture is an attempt to show the color of every wall in our home. Depending on the light, it can look a brownish tan, beige, or even a mustardy yellow. Don't you just love my descriptions? This picture really doesn't do it justice, because it doesn't look half bad here.



The door to the right is our downstairs full bath and the french doors are a "sun room" which we use as an exercise room. My plan was to match the paint to one of the suttle colors in the shower curtain. A cornflower blue is what I was calling what I pictured in my head. I figured we'd paint both those rooms the same color blue. Hubby brought home a bunch of blue paint chips. I had no idea there were that many hues of blue!!

He decided to paint the exercise room this past weekend. I was sick and spent most of the weekend in bed -- probably better that I wasn't in his way! He emptied the room, laid plastic over the carpet, removed vent, electrical and lightswitch plates and taped around the trim. He finally starts painting and calls me to come down. I walk in the room and he says, "Is this right? It's awfully gray." OMG It was a dark gray! I said to go with it, since the paint was purchased.

I was a bit nervous that I really messed up. But, I really like it! It dried bluer than we thought it would. I will, however, have to go a shade lighter when picking colors in the future, I think, just to be on the safe side. It turns out better that he started with the bigger room, because this blue would be too dark for the small bathroom. Now we can purchase a shade or two lighter for it.


Okay, enough talk ... here's the new color...



Hubby vacuumed and wiped all the equipment down and polished the furniture when he put everything back in. Great, huh? I guess I can't complain about where the vacuum cleaner ended up (in the middle of where you would enter the living room) ...


And what is that white thing on the floor next to the end table????




They will stay there until I put them away. The question: do I have the right to be mad at that? Oh, and, what do you think of the color?

2 Comments:

At November 04, 2008 6:38 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Wow - that color looks great! And the white trim helps to make it not so kark - looks good!

 
At November 04, 2008 6:51 PM, Blogger Bobbi said...

Thanks!

I thought the same about the white trim and figure I'll put some pictures that are going up on the wall in white frames to accent it more...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home