Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Thank you Metro-Atlantans for Voting Early

Certain locations have been open for early voting during the month of October. I do not know whether this was happening in other states. The lines were crazy long and people were waiting hours upon hours.

I kind of put it out of my mind and never gave much thought to it. Every once in a while, a coworker would mention, as an example, they voted "last night" and it took 3 hours.

Time passed and most of the office personnel voted in the evenings after work. I never did. To tell you the truth, the closer it got to Election Day, the more I figured everyone will have voted already so there will be little to no lines on Nov. 4.

Last Wednesday, my boss comes in from a doctor's appt. She tells me she has to return for tests Tuesday a.m. She asks if I was planning to stop to vote on my way in that morning. If I was, she would cancel her appt. and reschedule. THEN she tells me the company is allowing 2 hours (to be made up later) to allow people to be late or leave early in order to vote.

Well. Heck. What do you think I did?! I told her not to cancel her Dr. appt. To go Tuesday morning and I'd come in no problem. We then agreed I'd leave 2 hours early (2:30) in order to get in line to vote.

I find it interesting that this information was not made public by the managers in our office until most everyone voted on their own time! (Guess it's typical)

But, luckily for me it worked out.

2:30pm out the door
2:35pm out the parking garage
3:20pm pull into voting place
3:25pm walk out of voting place
3:30pm pulled into my garage

Now I'm taking it easy and will, probably, fall asleep as I'm still nursing a cold that I've had since last week!

1 Comments:

At November 04, 2008 6:39 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Amen to that! I don't know what all the hub-bub was about to vote early - we were in and out this morning before 8:00!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home