Monday, June 30, 2008

Pedicures

Pedicures are as common as breathing here in the South. I've never had one before. Call it cheap, call it practical, call it being a Northerner, call it whatever you want, but I'm a do-it-yourselfer. I've always given myself pedicures - and manicures, too, for that matter.

Sitting in a roomful of strangers was odd. Having a stranger touching my feet was totally weird. And, the girl kept "oggling" my fingernails, but those are hands off!

On my way home, I sent a text to one of my friends here. It read, "I am no longer a virgin. Had my first pedicure."

She asked what color I chose. I told her I went easy for my first time with pale pink. She replied she goes "plain jane" on her fingernails, but "lets loose" on her "tootsies" with either red, orange, or purple. Yes, she said purple.

Only time will tell if this becomes a way-of-life for me as it seems to be for everyone else around here. But, even if it does, I highly doubt I'll ever do purple!

2 Comments:

At July 01, 2008 6:52 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

I've never had a pedicure - and don't know that I ever will....it's the whole someone touching my feet thing...I usually do my toes myself. Now, I do get manicures (well, acrylic fill-ins) every two weeks. I really want to get a pedicure, but just can't bring myself to do it.....

 
At July 01, 2008 10:03 PM, Blogger Bobbi said...

See? It must be a "northern thing" to not get pedicures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home