Sunday, January 14, 2007

My Christmas Gifts

The picture is a little blurry (sorry), but I thought I'd share a couple of the gifts my husband bought for me; a pair of heavy-duty hiking boots and a retractable walking stick.



I already have a pair of hiking boots, but these heavier-duty ones are better-suited for our planned hike this year up Mt. Katahdin in Maine. It is one end of the Apalachian Trail (either the beginning of the trail or the end of the trail - depending on which end you start at). It is nasty, so I'm told, and you'll understand the need for special boots and stick if you watch this video.

He bought a hiking stick that retracts so I can pack it for the plane ride. My husband really put some thought into these gifts, I'll tell ya!! Aren't I lucky? (I say that with a ton of sarcasm)

Now the local hikes begin - because we have to break our boots in. The big hike hasn't been scheduled yet. Our friend in Maine makes all those plans. But, whenever it is, I have to start getting into shape NOW. It is not recommended to just saunter up this mountain without cardio training and toning up the muscles. No, I haven't started training yet. LOL (wait, why am I laughing??)

1 Comments:

At January 14, 2007 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to get in shape and do that too.
That whole trail would be a great adventure


My left foot arch has collapsed, so until I get that fixed I'm afraid my walking is limited

 

Post a Comment

<< Home