Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Ebay bug has hit our house

Hubby has a zillion "collectible" cars. Okay, maybe a zillion is an exaggeration ... but definitely a couple of hundred thousand :o) (I put "collectible" in quotes because I recognize they are only worth something if you find a buyer for them ... while my husband just plain thinks they are valuable --- get the difference?)

Without a basement in this house, all this junk has been in his way and he finally realizes he has to do something with all of it. And, since he basically has only his office and garage to display all this stuff, he finally concluded he must get rid of a good portion of it. (Oh, don't feel sorry for him... we've been dragging this stuff through three homes and they've never made it out of the moving boxes...)

Anyway, the first lot of four items went on e-bay starting at $19.99. The final bid that won was $53! I was impressed.

I know it won't always work out like that, but what a positive way to start on e-bay!

1 Comments:

At January 03, 2007 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, we have collectible cars, too! Maybe I should try our hand at selling those....hmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home