Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Jury Duty

Day two of jury duty...

So far, I and 71 other individuals have been interviewed for a trial planned to start today. Well, they hoped to start yesterday, but the jury selection process has been oh so slow. Can't say that I blame the attorneys; it is their right to get the best possible jurors for their case.

There are computers with access to the internet. Hence, my ability to blog. I finished my book, and a computer became free.... so, here I am! (lucky you)

I knew I'd finish this book early, but couldn't put my hand on the other book I plan to read, in order to start it while here. Bummer. I love a "forced opportunity" to read. I'm not good with grabbing a half hour here or there. I enjoy being able to sit down for a couple hours (usually an airport terminal...).

That's okay. Next, I have a magazine. Then, I even brought my envelopes that I can address for Christmas cards! I try to use my time wisely. Some people are sitting and staring into space. What a waste.

Well, that's my day in a nutshell. If I don't get on this jury, I still may be called back up until Friday. I'm not even concerned about my job. I love that part .... that I haven't given my job a second thought. Ah.... I've finally learned to let go :o)

2 Comments:

At December 07, 2005 12:19 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

Hi Bobbi,

Here I am.

Truth is I am overwhelmed, and when I reach that level I completely shut down. My friends have noticed since I have become a bit of a hermit lately. I will bounce back, I always do.

 
At December 07, 2005 12:23 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

Letting go is a good lesson to learn :) I am happy for you.

Take care Bobby

Hope all goes well on Jury duty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home