Thursday, August 04, 2005

The DT, my brother and French Toast

I don't know why, but I was thinking about the times I used to come home in the wee hours of the morning, and my brother would wake up, come down to the kitchen, and I'd make us French Toast. Maybe I'm thinking about those times because I miss him? I don't know. But, I do know those were fun times and I could always rely on him. No matter what.

S, do you remember sitting in that bar and you started to sink under the table and told me not to turn around? You could barely get the words "your brother" out. Me, being the smartass I was, walked right up to him and said "hi" with a huge smile on my face.

Here's the kicker, for those of you wondering what happened... he didn't tell our parents, instead he told me not to go there unless he or his friends were there. They would watch out for us any time we were there. They wouldn't dampen our good time, or surround us like bodyguards, but we always knew we were safe.

I made flight reservations to go home for a weekend at the end of the month. And, I'll get to hang out with him.... although, no, it won't be in a bar. LOL

1 Comments:

At August 05, 2005 7:31 PM, Blogger Ca... said...

I didn't have a song but when the preacher asked me if I would take her for better or for worse, I said I'd have to take her for better because they don't come no worse.'chuckle'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home