Monday, July 25, 2005

A Step Back in Time

How is it that songs have the ability to turn back time? Tonight, on my way home from work, a song entitled "Jane" by Jefferson Starship came on the radio. It immediately took me back in time to my first night in a bar. (as a side note, and she knows it's coming: I can thank BabynTeens for corrupting me and taking me there .... and changing my license to get me in. We were 16 years old.)

Ironically, the next song that poured out of my car speakers was "Rock n Roll Fantasy." I don't remember who sang that. I find it ironic that that song played next, because that song reminds me of the same bar. It was a favorite song of a boy I met there. Too weird. I mean, I really felt like I was 16 again. It really freaked me out.

Okay, snap out of it. What year is it? 2005? That would make me how old??? hhhmmm, on second thought, maybe I'll stay 16 a little while longer. LOL

2 Comments:

At July 25, 2005 6:36 PM, Blogger Bobbi said...

You know, after all these years...and it's many.... I just figured out a way I could get her back for corrupting me. I have pictures of us taken the very next day after our excursion to that bar... I should post them. To quote Lisa, "muaha ha ha..."

 
At July 31, 2005 4:24 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

Hi Bobbi,

It is amazing isn't it!. But not just songs, smells too.

Hmmm I do not see any pics of the next day. Lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home