Friday, June 03, 2005

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

I had a splitting headache this evening, took some Advil, and layed down for a nap. I don't think I actually fell asleep, but when I opened my eyes, my headache was better and I decided I wasn't going to lay here all night. So, out I went for a walk. 45 minutes later, I'm back, sitting with my laptop and a glass of iced tea.

This is the first day this week without rain. It was overcast most of the day, but the sun finally popped out around 4:00. It was a bit humid, but started to cool in the evening. Wow, it turned out to be an extraordinary evening for a walk. There was a nice cool breeze. As I started out, there wasn't a sound except the trees rustling in the wind. Had some pleasant conversations with neighbors sitting out on their front porches. As night fell, everyone retreated into their homes, with the exception of the neighborhood kids. I passed various groups hanging out on driveways. Every once in a while, a parent would pop out the front door and check the whereabouts of their child.

At one point, I passed a couple older boys throwing a football by the side of the road. Then a couple girls came out of a house and the boys ran over talking excitedly. The girls talked back just as excitedly. No crushes going on there. LOL

Of course, walking through the neighborhood brought back memories of my childhood in my old neighborhood. Hanging out in front of someone's house, acting all crazy when the cute boy was around (not me.... that was Wendy with Kevin... LOL), running home when our parents called.

The only thing missing tonight were the fireflies....

1 Comments:

At June 04, 2005 2:39 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

I could almost hear those leaves rustle in the wind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home