Monday, May 23, 2005

Supervision

On the news at noon today, there was a report about a missing six year old girl. The news reported some disturbing information. Well, it's disturbing to me, and I'm wondering if anyone else is bothered by this type of thing.

The grandmother looked out the window to check on the girl and discovered her missing. She allowed this child to play by herself outside the apartment of this large complex? Why was this small child unsupervised? I don't get it.

The news report stated she's been missing for about three hours. Police have searched every apartment and the grounds, with no luck. Witnesses told police they saw her in the park across the street, and they searched that as well with no trace of her. At this point, they don't know whether she wandered off or was abducted.

I'm sure the grandmother is besides herself with worry. I bet she wishes she could take back letting that little, innocent child walk out that door...

2 Comments:

At May 23, 2005 10:02 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

How horrible. I hope by the time I write this comment they have found her.

 
At May 24, 2005 1:12 PM, Blogger Bobbi said...

I wasn't home last night, so I didn't catch the evening news. But, they did not mention anything about the missing girl on the news this afternoon, so I'm assuming the search has ended. I'm also lead to believe she is alive, or else they would be reporting about the suspect they caught or are looking for.

All pure speculation on my part...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home