Thursday, May 19, 2005

Time for a new vehicle

...or so my husband will think when he sees what I did. Mind you, to the ordinary person it's nothing. It would probably be considered a typical hazard of the road. My husband, however, will react as if I smashed up the truck. You think I'm kidding?? Oh, no I'm not.

And by now you are wondering what I could have done that is so bad. So I will tell you. I took a corner too close and hit the cement curb, rubbing the tire. That's right. The tire has rub marks on it. **GASP** I know, the horror, right?! I mean, it's not even the rim -- it's just the damn tire. Besides, he'll Armoral the thing and it will look fine.

Anyway, I swear he inspects the vehicle before he walks in the house, or the radar will go off as he walks past it. Either way, he'll know. I think what pisses him off the most is that I don't show any emotion about it. Puhlease. It's just a truck. It's meant to be driven, for crying out loud.

You know the worst part? This happened when I went out on the spur of the moment to shop for his birthday gift, and the store was out of the item!! I'm going to have to order it out of a catalog I saw it in. I should have just done that in the first place! But, I don't know if it will be delivered on time. Now I'm going to just have to take that chance!

I stopped at Fuddruckers and treated myself to a ribeye steak sandwich (with lettuce and tomato). My last meal before he kills me. LOL

3 Comments:

At May 20, 2005 1:58 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

Hope their was not to much trouble for you. Will say sounds like a good last supper though. I love the rest of the post about cars and trucks. The best deal I ever had was a 1979 celica I paid $240 for it and drove it 150,000 trouble free miles. Worst deal was a 1985 ford bronco, paid 1,000 for it and over the next 2 years had $3,500 in repair bills!

 
At May 20, 2005 10:23 PM, Blogger J C said...

Stop being a wusss. You're his partner, not his slave. If he gives you any s**t, threaten to key the truck unless he shuts up and apologizes. Then if he won't shut up, tell him sweetly, "Happy Birthday." Then key the car. 'oops' gotta go...my wife's coming...

'whew'...that was close...

 
At May 21, 2005 9:59 AM, Blogger Bobbi said...

I'm still alive.... but that's because he hasn't seen it yet :o) He will when he goes to wash it next, but since there's big storms passing through, I might have a reprieve for a little bit.

I know... I can tell him, "Hey, at least it's not tar." As he calls me the 'tar hunter' because I drive over fresh-laid tar and it gets kicked up onto the truck. Oops

Cool.. I had a new blooger pass through and comment LOL .... but love hearing from the faithful, of course :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home