Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Dream home(?) ...maybe...in a different setting

I drive by several new developments evey day and have watched this house under construction with particular interest. Why, you ask? Well, first of all, it's hard to miss ... it's practically on top of the road. I don't understand how these developers get away with (a) building homes on top of each other and (b) building so close to the road. But, when the demand is there, of course they're going to cram as many houses in as they can.

I think the front of this house has great character. I will admit, it looks better at an angle, looking up from the main road.... I pulled in and took this pic almost dead on, which doesn't do it as much justice.













I have not been inside to see the layout -- it may be horrible -- but it doesn't matter in the least since I'm not house hunting. The back of the house is what I really like. Too bad it's on top of a road - with only 5 feet of backyard and a view of a house through those spectacular, huge bowed windows.

Can you imagine this house overlooking a lake, the ocean, or on a mountainside? Wow. It would be ideal.

2 Comments:

At April 12, 2006 10:24 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

that is one massive house!

 
At April 17, 2006 12:21 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

Yes, that would be perfect with all those windows.

Funny I do the same thing all the time when I go out for a walk in my new place in the city. So many cool old houses. I like to think of puting them on a lake or a farm, sometimes I like to put them on the north shore of lake superior (our Minneasota ocean).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home