Sunday, April 02, 2006

Simpler Times

I caught a few minutes of a movie that I've seen before. The title is insignificant to this post. The segment that I saw, however, is significant. It showed kids on a ferris wheel at a town carnival.

It's amazing the memories one has trapped inside and what will trigger them. How is that possible? What else is in this head of mine? Loads and loads and loads of forgotten things, I bet.

There were three carnivals that I would attend faithfully every year. All three opened after a firemen's parade. This part is fuzzy, but I think Kat started the first Wednesday in June, SS was the first Wednesday in August, and I haven't the foggiest when the third one (Bed) was.

I know I must have attended all of them as a small child with my family, but the memories I have are when I was older and able to go with my friends. A sprinkling of memories, but they make me smile just the same.

And, yes, Sylvia, one of them is the time we went with Brian and Bruce. You were always getting me into "predicaments." I think you enjoyed that. lol

1 Comments:

At April 03, 2006 6:48 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

"Predicaments" ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home