Monday, January 30, 2006

pics [2] and [3]

This farmhouse (left) was not where I grew up, but it was where a friend of mine did. That house was spooky and intriguing all rolled up into one. I remember the creaky stairways and doors most of all. As I drove past the house, there was a herd of deer in the field.


An elderly woman willed her estate (pic on right) to the town when she passed. The town offices are housed here and softball fields are in the back(note to BnT: the SS Library Fair is now held here and is called "The Country Fair"!). I remember my brother, as a boy scout, camping on her property across the street, and it is all preserved.

3 Comments:

At January 31, 2006 3:04 PM, Blogger BikeMom said...

Yes - I know who's house this is and the thing I remember was that electronic chair lift going up that eery staircase - do you remember that? That must have been pretty state of the art in those days... now people just put elevators into their houses.

 
At January 31, 2006 6:08 PM, Blogger Bobbi said...

I was going to put that (about the chair lift going up the stairs)! Did you tour it with your brownie or girl scout troop? I think that's who I was with.

I don't think it's there anymore. I was in the house about two years ago during a Senior's Craft Show and don't remember seeing it, although I didn't think to specifically look for it.

 
At January 31, 2006 10:27 PM, Blogger BikeMom said...

Yes - with Brownies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home