Saturday, January 14, 2006

A new address???

My husband came back from his most recent business trip with shocking news. He was in Chicago, where his company is headquartered. He got his annual review, which was good -- no surprise there. Then he had a heart-to-heart with one of the heads of the company. My husband is by no means a stupid man when it comes to business, and he can tell some major changes are coming. The decisions they are making clearly show the telltale sign that a few people are going to get the axe. So, he laid his cards on the table and asked point blank what they are doing with the division he works in. The guy was pretty candid and fessed up that my husband's hunch is correct .... my husband will most likely be out of a job (they plan to shut down that division). It's not definite and this boss couldn't say for sure when it would happen even if it does. My husband told him he appreciated his honesty. He'd rather know and have some irons in the fire than be left stranded without a job. (Hubby has already interviewed with a couple companies and has other prospects lined up .... he is good at what he does, and has a lot of contacts in this industry .... so I'm not the least bit worried about his being out of a job.)

The surprise came when the guy at his company told him they are looking at him for a new position within this company. That would be great, since hubby likes the company and would prefer to stay instead of switching to another company. The catch? It's a big one. We would have to move to Chicago.

Is this my life now?? Moving EVERY TWO YEARS???

It's all preliminary. It may not even come to fruition. Even if it does, would we want to go there? I don't know how either one of us feel about that. It's one of those "don't think about it until there is a reason to think about it" scenarios.

I know it was a quick and easy decision to say "no" to moving back to Connecticut. Not quite sure how I feel about a possible move to Chicago. But, after opening the door tonight to let my dog out and getting hit with BITTERLY COLD WIND, what's the difference if I'm here or in Chicago? (Besides the snow and ice LOL)

Too early to tell. And, anyway, hubby may get an offer from one of the interviews he recently went on, which would mean we'd stay right where we are.

Guess the saga continues....

1 Comments:

At January 21, 2006 10:29 AM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Hey, I live in Lombard outside of Chicago and we love it here. Chicago is a great city and people in the midwest are some of the nicest you'll ever meet. If you move here, I'll be your friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home