Saturday, January 21, 2006

MOVIES

I caught the tail end of a movie the other day. I've seen it before, and I remembered how I liked it. At the end of this movie, Mel Gibson's character narrates a letter to a boy he tutored. Then the scene changes to the boy at his graduation ceremony where he sees Mel Gibson's character walking away after watching him graduate. The movie was "A Man Without a Face."

Following that movie happened to be "Mr. Holland's Opus" with Richard Dreyfuss, another movie that I like. I love when I have no particular plans and a movie just happens to pop up that I can sit and enjoy, even though I've seen it countless times before.

Other good movies along the same lines: "Finding Forrester" with Sean Connery and "Stand and Deliver" with Edward James Olmos (the latter based on a true story).

1 Comments:

At January 21, 2006 6:23 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

I loved Mr. Holland's Opus - I bought the DVD and the CD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home