Sunday, September 18, 2005

Just short of turning down the bed and leaving a chocolate on the pillow...

Hubby has been away for a week. He will not be home until tomorrow afternoon. I wonder if he notices the subtle things I do for him when he comes home after being away so long. Oh, sure, the fridge is stocked with the foods he likes, but does he notice I make sure clean, fresh-smelling sheets are on the bed? That may seem like a small thing, but after spending a week in a hotel room, I think it's nice to come home to. No, I don't fill the house with vases of fresh-cut flowers.... that's taking it just a little too far!

I went crazy cleaning this weekend. I always do this before we take a trip. I don't like leaving my house with things out of order. You may think it's in case someone breaks into the house .... that I don't want them to think we're slobs. Nope. It's because I love coming home to a nice, clean house; I mean, afterall, who wants to clean after returning from vacation?! (with laundry being the exception, as it's a necessity.)

I have done no real preparation for our trip to Maine (we leave Thurs. night). That (preparation) has to wait until hubby is home and we can go to the sporting goods store together. With each day that passes, my mood changes about this trip. A few days ago, I wasn't looking forward to it. Now, I am. I don't know why I'm going back and forth about it. There's no doubt that it will be a blast. Something new and different. I love experiencing new and different things ...

3 Comments:

At September 18, 2005 11:59 PM, Blogger BikeMom said...

Oh gosh - you better not stir his coffee too - that is what my sister did and look where she is today!!!

I hope you have fun in Maine - it sounds so great! I always picture BLOCK ISLAND in 7th grade when you mention it. You know how we did that 16 mile hike to the lighthouse - and the beach and the rocks - maybe it is nothing like it. I have never been to Maine - take lots and pics!!!!

 
At September 19, 2005 2:55 PM, Blogger Bobbi said...

OMG, I'm glad you reminded me. I'll stop that nonsense immediately! No more fresh sheets! Heck, he can sleep on the floor when he comes home!!

 
At September 21, 2005 1:39 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

Hey I like those sort of details ( I notice them). :)

Wow your trip sounds so wonderful, have fun.

Sorry I have not been as faithful a reader as in the past. I have been burning up the phone lines for a couple of months now with Taza. ahh all is well and I am home now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home