Thursday, August 18, 2005

Community News

We get a small community newspaper monthly. In it are the usual things; community sports highlights, area attractions, local business ads, local events. Now that we are nearing fall, the festivals and craft fairs for the coming months are being advertised. Fall is my most favorite time of year and my husband will be thrilled to know that I'm filling up our calendar fast :o)

There was one small article in the middle of a page that especially caught my eye though, and it will stay with me for a long time, evoking a warm smile. At the beginning of the article was a picture of a girl, looking slightly over her shoulder at the camera, with her long, brown hair draped over a hairdresser's cape. She had a sweet smile. The caption underneath read, "Locks of Love Gift." The article identified the 10-year-old girl and explained she's been growing her hair since kindergarten. Eight inches was cut off and will be donated to Locks of Love. She hopes a little girl will smile when receiving a wig with new hair.

I just about melted and had to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home