Saturday, September 15, 2007

Antiques, Cars, Cats, Crafts, and Crashes

Well, it didn't quite happen in that sequence. Our plans were to attend two events that were taking place in Marietta. First, it was off to Marietta Square for an antique fair and car show, but before we got there.... We were sitting at a light in front of the Gone with the Wind Museum, and *BAM* were hit from behind. Hubby got out to assess any damage while I fumbled for something to write with. He and the other driver walked around and looked at the back of our car, exchanged names & phone numbers, and we left.

I have to tell you, I was shaking and really thought my husband might lose it. You see, he takes VERY good care of his vehicles, I mean maticulous care inside & out and mechanically. I thought, "This guy is toast if there is even a SCRATCH on our car," but there was no damage that he could see.

It wasn't until later that I thought, "I should have taken a picture with my cell phone camera. What if he contacts the police and says WE hit him?!" Sorry, can't help it -- that's the non-trusting side of me (translation: the New Yorker in me). But, then again, he could be sitting home worried that we're going to sue him for some trumped-up injuries.

The rest of the day was uneventful (thank goodness). We walked around the square in the center of Marietta and checked out the antiques. The antique car show was really lame -- maybe a total of 10 cars. I think the storms over the past couple days kept alot of owners from bringing their cars out, even though weather reports said it would clear up and be a fabulous weekend. And today was just that - fabulous - no humidty and a nice, cool breeze.

Then we headed to an arts & crafts and car show. Lots of jewelry booths and a number of holiday-themed craft booths. I didn't purchase anything, but sure was tempted!! There were more cars at this car show - maybe 25.

On our way home, we made an impromptu stop at the animal control center. It's been over a year since our dog passed (July 19 '06) and hubby wants another pet. I'm kind of still heartbroken. Hey, it's been 9 years since my cat died and I haven't had the heart to get another one yet! (I guess I'm a little crazy?) I think I'm leaning towards getting a cat this time around. I think it's time now.

It was really tough walking around all the cages and seeing all those eyes looking up at us. How can you take just one (or two) and leave all the rest behind??? I've thought about volunteering and taking dogs out for walks, but not stop there. I would want to take them to the park and have some kind of advertisement that the animals are available for adoption. But, again, how could I bring them back and leave them in those cages?

Now it's time to check the hummingbird feeder, which I'm sure is bone dry. They (at least 10 immature males) are emptying it every four hours!

P.S. I think I have a cavity ... but, I've never had one before so I really don't know what it feels like.....

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2007 1:06 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

a cavity hurts. :?

Do you have hummers year round?

I may have seen our last one yesterday-- nothing today. Headed south.

sorry about the fender bender

 

Post a Comment

<< Home