Sunday, September 17, 2006

Home maintenance

My husband and I agree on many things, but it's looking like we disagree on an equal amount of things, as well. One being what we deem important home maintenance.

When we lived in Indiana, my husband would return from a business trip and say to me.... "when the grass is brown, it needs to be watered!!" No, I do not water lawns. It probably stems from growing up with well water. We couldn't waste the water on such a frivolous thing.

When we moved to Georgia, one of the things my husband wanted was a sprinkler system and to hire a lawn care service to fertilize during the spring/summer months when he's gone. I grudgingly agreed. I also agreed not to touch the sprinkler settings -- he knew I'd turn the system off!

Well, I'm "happy" (no, not really!) to show you the results of watering our lawn all summer long (following county water guidelines, of course). I'm so glad I've been paying an absorbitant monthly water bill for this:


That Georgia sun sure is a scorcher. It's obvious we need to water more than we do, but I can't imagine the water bill if we did that -- it would double!!

If it looks like this when watered, it can't possibly look that much worse not watered. Next year, I'm turning the system off. heh heh heh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home