Sunday, August 27, 2006

Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds

We took a ride north to the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds for the Hiawassee Festival of Arts. There were many booths containing one-of-a-kind jewelry, oil paintings, framed water colors, both framed and unframed photographs, oh, and many, many with pottery and still more with polished wooden bowls. Very talented people, every one of them. Very pricey, too, I might add.

We didn't purchase anything, although I did like one man's collection of wildlife photographs. The matted and framed photos were reasonably priced. But, when I think about it, I have a zillion photos I can enlarge and frame myself .... I really should think about doing that, instead of buying someone else's to hang on my wall.

It was an enjoyable day, though still too warm to be out in the sun, but quite pleasant in the shade (see pic below). It wasn't at all crowded --- good for us, bad for them! It was also refreshing to do something other than the usual weekend chores ... although it only delayed them ... hubby is outside mowing the lawn and I'll start in on the laundry when I'm finished with this blog!

Quiz: In the sign below, what gives it away that I am in the South? (I'll give you a chance to respond, and then I'll post my answers later):

3 Comments:

At August 28, 2006 10:18 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Oh I know!!! It's the "Sweet Tea" thing you guys do! Sorry, but I prefer my tea without sugar, and a wedge of lemon added! (and that whole "Fried Twinkie" thing - yikes! Sounds like Weight Watcher sabotage to me!

 
At August 29, 2006 10:28 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

Hi Bobbi,

I agree with Yvonne, Sweet tea.

Take care

 
At August 30, 2006 12:20 PM, Blogger BikeMom said...

mmmm... can't figure out either. We have the sweet tea thing going on here too - as a matter of fact, its a new addition to the McDonald's menu - so, I am just not sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home