Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A few pics of my latest trip home

My parents recently put in the fake insert. Just flip a switch and instant "fire" and heat. Before that they had a "candle-abra" which at least gave off a nice ambiance, but it was best when used as a good old fashioned franklin stove. Kept us warm on many a snowy night when all power was out and it was our only source of heat.












This is some of the stonework around my parents house. Check out the well at the top of the stairs, in front of the lamppost. It is not a working well anymore, but what character!!












Just a geranium on the porch :o)












Lilac trees in white, purple and lavendar dot the landscape.

1 Comments:

At May 24, 2006 11:11 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

Hi Bobbi,

I could almost smell the lilac trees! They are in bloom here too.

I have always loved old stone work. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home