Friday, March 10, 2006

The Little Things

I made my co-worker feel bad or, I should say, she made herself feel bad. She learned I send my husband's magazines to the troops and she said, "You read to the blind and send stuff to the troops?!"

I don't do things for the recognition. It's just ... if you can do something for someone else, why wouldn't you? Like, when I walked out of the post office and saw a woman holding a toddler and trying to balance two large boxes with one hand, why wouldn't I carry the boxes in to the post office for her?

It's kind of interesting to learn how others see you. Like the time I saw a guy at my high school reunion. He said to me, "Even though our paths didn't cross at all in high school, I always considered you a friend." Wow. That was really nice. I had no idea someone would think that.

It's amazing how you touch people's lives and don't have a clue. I'm glad I can make a difference in some small way.

4 Comments:

At March 14, 2006 4:20 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

It is Amazing!

And so true about not having a clue about it too.

I fixed my Contact Email on my blog. Thank you for pointing it out to me. Might expain why I have never recieved any emails. :(

 
At March 14, 2006 5:44 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

What amazes me are the amount of people that wouldn't even dream of doing something for someone else! They are stuck in this me first mentality, and have no interest in helping out someone else. Those are the same people that would have a cart full of groceries, and the guy behind them just one item, and they wouldn't think to let the guy go first - their attitude is hey, I was here first, you can wait. I find that amazing!

 
At March 14, 2006 5:44 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At March 14, 2006 6:09 PM, Blogger Bobbi said...

That is so funny you mention letting someone with fewer items go in front of you .... I did that just last night at Walgreens! The guy had two items, while I had a bunch of stuff. He looked totally shocked and couldn't believe I let him go in front of me. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home