Sunday, December 21, 2008

Last Business Trip of 2008

Hubby went to the Bahamas on business in July one year, and he couldn't figure out why I didn't jump at the chance of going. I had been to the Bahamas right after college. My memories of it - while fun - was quite hot, dirty, and expensive - and the locals were pushing their tourist junk at me to purchase. I wasn't impressed and had no desire to go back. Upon his return from that first trip, he understood why I didn't want to go. He was miserable (he is not a sun-sand-and-beach sort of guy) - it was too hot and humid for him. Places were not air conditioned.

So, when the second opportunity came-a-knocking, he wasn't terribly surprised I didn't go with him. I figured it, being December, was a better time to go weather-wise, but I'm looking forward to taking the last of my vacation and spending it quietly at the house and, hopefully, getting some much-needed organizing done.

Off hubby went for his last business trip of 2008. The first part of the week was spent in Nassau (still pretty pitty); the latter part of the week in Freeport (the nicer side).

The guys generally frequent the same hotels when traveling, but hubby vowed not to stay in the same place in Freeport because it was really awful. The corporate travel agent found another place that was more expensive but still within the accepted rate that will be covered.

When hubby checked in, the desk clerk saw he was there on business and only staying one night. She was smart and, since it's the slow season, she upgraded him to a suite. Hubby says he was in heaven. Not only was the weather beautiful (no humidity) - he stayed in nice accommodations with fresh pastries placed in a special compartment so as not to disturb him if he was still sleeping. He just opened a "trap door" and there they were.

So, let's just say I opted to stay home and organize paperwork, closets, kitchen pantry, etc. as opposed to enjoying this:



1 Comments:

At December 26, 2008 1:13 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

oh dear. bite my tongue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home