Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Thank you for asking...

Charleston, SC Hubby has business there. I can conduct some business there, too, then it's a mini vacation. I look forward to meeting some people that I've built an excellent rapport with over the phone but have yet to meet. Wait a minute... maybe meeting in person isn't a good idea... what if they're disappointed?! In any event, hubby and I will explore all that Charleston has to offer and try out some restaurants along the way. I can't wait!

San Jose, CA This trip would be a long-overdue visit to a very dear cousin and her family. She was like my older sister. God, I looked up to her when I was growing up. I became that figure to her oldest daughter when she was born. The family relocated from NY to Silicone Valley in 1993, when the oldest was a senior in high school. She stayed to finish out her senior year and then she and I drove across the country in her car. What a spectacular trip full of fond memories. I've seen my cousin once when she flew out to meet me while I was on a business trip in Las Vegas. Upon thinking about this further, I realize I have not seen the rest of the family (hubby and 3 daughters) since 1993. Can it possibly be that long?! Where does the time go, and why do I let it slip away like that? Oh, and if get to San Jose, I hope to squeeze a quick trip to San Francisco to see my co-worker who relocated there a few months ago.

St. Maarten Hubby tells me he has business there! I'M IN!!! I priced tickets and they're pretty steep. But, sometimes you've got to say, "what the heck." I did tell him I'm booking now because the price will only increase ... and if his business trip gets cancelled, I'm still going !!! :o)

Maine This is an annual trip we take, meeting up with two other couples. It's a great time. We hike, we canoe, we eat boiled Maine lobster, we drink (ladies: wine, men: beer), we sit around the fireplace on those cool (downright COLD) nights, we slumber under wool blankets, but most of all, we laugh and laugh and laugh and just enjoy each other's company. This year, a grueling hike up Mt. Katahdin is planned. And when I say grueling, I mean GRUELING. I'm supposed to be exercising to get into shape. Hhmm, that's going well ("NOT").

2 Comments:

At June 07, 2007 1:35 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

That is a lot of traveling.
thanks for answering "MY" question. I am much to inquisitive.

 
At June 07, 2007 8:38 AM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Wow - do you have room in your suitcase for me??? Wish I had lots of trips to look forward to - but I will be lucky just to make it to the Southern end of Illinois this year..... :o(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home