Sunday, May 06, 2007

21 Years ago this month

... marks our 1st date.

What I remember about that first date:
  • He showed up at my door with a dozen lavendar-colored roses. He sat down and kind of ran his hand over the back of his head, as if to smooth his hair although it didn't need it. He seemed nervous.
  • I lived a good distance from him, so he was not familiar with the area. I chose the restaurant ... Brocks. I know I still have a book of matches from that night.
  • We were seated and immediately realized the table was wobbly. Horribly wobbly. I didn't find out until much later that he kept his foot on the bottom of the table to keep it from moving.
  • As funny as it sounds, one of my favorite items at this restaurant was their bread. They served a large, hot loaf. Delicious. But, that night, I did not eat any of it. I looked at it (longingly) a number of times, but did not touch it. He didn't find out until much later that I didn't want to look like a pig!
  • Whatever happened that night, it must have worked. Because we dated for 3 1/2 years and then got married (17 1/2 years so far). Although, I do have a hard time realizing it's been that long. We can't be that old :o)

1 Comments:

At May 08, 2007 2:27 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

What? You gave up hot bread for a good impression.

Wow... that takes back bone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home