Monday, July 10, 2006

Antiques Roadshow

I don't watch this show often but, when I do, I have to laugh at some of the appraisers' reactions. They put a select few on t.v. to discuss their heirlooms/possessions, and sometimes they get so excited and worked up over an item that you expect they're going to announce the object is worth a million dollars, only to find out it's worth maybe $1,000 if you're lucky. These appraisers crack me up. I imagine the person standing there, a camera zoomed in on their face -- with that dumbfounded look of disappointment and a smile pasted on their face -- really just wanting to smack the appraiser for getting their hopes up, and probably does when the camera turns off. LOL

1 Comments:

At July 13, 2006 7:32 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

Me too Bobbi,

I found this show so hard to watch, it seemed so cruel to me.

Long lines

Dashed hopes

Manipulation

All in the name of good TV.

Although I love old things and the stories they carry with them. If only they could speak for themselves.

Take Care

 

Post a Comment

<< Home