Friday, August 26, 2005

I'm here

New York, that is, for anyone who's keeping tabs. Flight was on schedule and only a slight amount of turbulence just before we landed at LaGuardia. Rental company gave me a tin can for transportation, but I wobbled up the Hutchinson Parkway and made it here. It is the oddest thing driving a vehicle after being so accustomed to my own! Strange experience.

Both parents were still up and survived, so don't worry about them. My mother immediately worried about not having anything for me to eat. She's so funny. That reminds me, one time hubby and I were on our way to visit and were going to stop and grab a bite to eat, but thought otherwise. Our conversation went something like this:

Him: "Are you hungry? Should we stop somewhere?"

Me: "You know my mother. We'll no sooner walk in the door and she'll ask 'Are you hungry? There's cold cuts.' "

Him: "And bagels, and cookies, and soda, and a roasted turkey, and a side of beef."

Needless to say, we didn't stop, and she ushered us into the kitchen and started pulling out the cold cuts and 10 different kinds of bread/rolls, and condiments, and, well, you get the picture...

So, if I upset my mother in any way by my surprise, it's by depriving her of having a feast ready for my arrival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home